August 1, 2022 – The Michigan Youth Education Fund opened its 2022-2023 Student Group Grant Application on August 1st. The grant program aims to eliminate barriers for students participating in academic extracurricular activities by awarding mini grants to student groups in order to reduce the cost of participation fees normally the responsibility of the student and their support system.
The application is open for all Michigan educators, advisors, and coaches (18-years-and-older) of academic, student groups to apply. Grant money can be used to cover hotel, transportation, registration fees, and more to reduce the cost of participating for Michigan students.
The deadline to submit an application is September 30, 2022. After the application deadline, the Application Review Committee will thoroughly review all applications and send out determination letters on October 14, 2022. Grants are determined based on the following criteria:
- Financial need of students and student organization.
- Benefits to students: including overall learning experience; personal, professional, and educational development; and overall community learning outcomes.
- Number of students who may benefit from the grant.
- Educational event description and purpose and relevance to the student group’s purpose.
- Proposed use of grant funds.
If you or someone you know needs assistance completing the Student Group Grant application, please contact our team at (313) 241-6078 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a message and a member of our team will reach out as soon as possible.
For more information of the Student Group Grant Program or to apply, visit: https://miyef.org/group-grants/